General Conference Weekend Coming Up!!

Hello everybody!! Another week gone by already! We traveled to Buttonwillow again this week! I love going there because it's the ghetto part of area and there are a lot of people that are more receptive. One of which that we met this week, Emilio. He is super cool and had been taught by Elders a long time ago. He moved to Texas a while back so that's why the missionaries lost contact with him. But he said he's back her until May to take care of him mom and then he's headed back to Texas. He had come to church quite a few times in the past. We told him about General Conference and he wants to come watch at the Stake Center with us! We got a member set up to pick him up and he is excited to come! He is super bomb!

This last Monday we played some more four square. Haha that's kind of our go-to game if no one had planned anything or has no other ideas. Today will probably be about the same thing. Which is all good. Four square is fun haha!

Tomorrow we have Zone Conference as well!! I always love them and love to see President and Sister Layton. Sister Layton actually unexpectedly showed up to our district meeting this last week. It was awesome to see her there. President always is so loving and caring toward all the missionaries and I love that they both know each one of us by name. I can tell because there's been times where I know they can't see my tag or other's tags and have called them by name. Especially in big meeting like Zone Conference where in this part of Bakersfield is like 45ish missionaries maybe more.

Also I'm so excited to watch General Conference this weekend! Yesterday we had Ward Conference in the Snow ward and a Stake member got up to do the sustaining for the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve. As he was saying the names I was thinking he might say the names of the two new Apostles at the end...but he didn't haha! Just will have to wait for another week.

Not too many things happened that I can report but Elder Brumwell and I are still working hard that the work here is starting to pick up. I know as I rely on the Lord all things will work out for our benefit. I love you all!! Thank you for the love and support you all show me!! Until next week!!

Love, Elder Peterson

Favorite scripture of the week: Luke 15:4-10

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Pic:

Elder Brumwell, Elder Wasden, Elder Spencer, Elder Lambert, Elder Fry is in there but he didn't lean his head out to get in the pic haha, and I.

Comments

Popular Posts