TRANSFERS ARE HERE . . .

Hey everyone!

Well to let you know about transfers...I AM being transferred. I am going to East Bakersfield to somewhere called College Highs. My companion will be Elder Watkins. Elder McGill is staying here and is getting Elder Gold as his companion. Transfers happen tomorrow so I've been packing up. I'll definitely miss Lancaster. I've loved it here.

This morning we went to breakfast with Jennifer and her kids and Danielle. Danielle challenged us to a game of pool and we won haha. I said my goodbyes and now we are here. Jennifer has been sending pictures to my email so I'll forward some to you guys. I'm super excited to see what College Highs have to offer though. I was told that it's a biking area...I'm not 100% sure that it is but I guess I'll bring my bike just in case.

Update on Danielle. She has stopped drinking coffee and is living the Word of Wisdom. So, so good so far haha. She's scheduled for a baptismal interview on Sunday, Jan 29th. She'll be baptized on Feb 4th. She was really upset that I was leaving. She had Elder Bankhead chosen to baptize her but then he left, so she chose me. Now that I'm leaving she's chosen Elder McGill haha. I feel bad. It would've been awesome to baptize her but I guess it's not what the Lord has in store for me. I'll definitely miss Leona Valley Ward. It'll be on my list to come back to when I'm home.

This week has been fun. We've met a lot more of the less active members this week. Not a lot of luck with them pointing us towards those who need the gospel though. We talked to Jesse again this week but ended up talking to his friend Randy most of the time though. Jesse basically told us that he wasn't interested in what we had to say so Elder McGill and Elder Gold probably won't go back. Randy just talked about science and talked about how there is no God and we just listened. We talked about how the Bible has been translated more than once but we tried to explain that the Book of Mormon was only translated once. He just said that's false and went on to try to explain it but none of the stuff he said made sense. You could tell he was just trying to bash.

Not a ton happened this week. Just did the Lord's work. Visited a lot of less actives haha. I'm super excited to go to a new area, have new experiences and all. It'll be fun. I've loved knowing Elder McGill. Hopefully I'll be able to serve around him again before he goes home.



Guess what! It snowed a ton in Green Valley today! That's where we went for breakfast this morning. When we were leaving we had a snow ball fight. I got some down my shirt...reminded me of home haha. It was fun. I'll send some pictures in this email and a separate one.

Anyway how is everyone? I miss all of you! Next email I'll be in Bakersfield!! I love all of you! So thankful for each one of you!!

Love, Elder Peterson





Comments

  1. Bernie!!! Looks like you're doing so great! We love and miss you and of course are crazy proud of you. We brag about you all the time, and B & I feed the missionaries at least twice a month so that we can have the blessings of having them around. Love reading your letters - your happiness and spirit really come through! I'm sure it's time for another Bieber toothbrush so we'll get something off to you in the mail soon! Love ya nephew! -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised his socks and Sandles combo slipped by you. I know how much you LOVE that look.

      Delete
  2. Elder Peterson! We love the pictures and hearing how you're doing! We are excited to hear about your new area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you guys!!! I'm so happy I get to talk to you this way and see how everyone is doing. Love you, Elder Peterson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts