3 Months in 3 Days!!!
Hi everyone!!!
This last week was awesome!!! Last Monday we had a zone activity! We went to the institute which is the building right next to the stake center where we email, and played fooseball, pool, ping pong, and signs!! Everybody loved playing signs. I was the person in the middle a lot because I always lose who has the sign haha. We have one of the smaller zones in our mission. We have two districts in our zone. Our district is full of Elders and the other is all Sisters. I'll send a picture of us all. The picture is of us all at a Zone Training Meeting this last Friday.

Last Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Spanish Elders again. I went with Elder Markwalter. He's our district leader if I didn't already mention that in previous emails. We visited less actives all day. We meet the father of the Barnard family. The member was the daughter and we came to find out that she was deaf and her dad had to translate for her. He was awesome but he wasn't interested of course. He said he didn't believe in organized religion, but if he did he would join the LDS church. He loved how much the church takes care of his daughter. He said he knew she would be just fine if something happened to him and wife because the church would be there for her. The wife is a member though. We talked with him for about a half hour. He was on the verge of tears talking about what his daughters been through so he excused himself inside before he started crying.
That next friday we had ZTM (Zone Training Meeting). It was a ton of fun and of course spiritual. We talked about tracting and finding a lot. We read a story that's in Preach my Gospel that talks about finding. It relates finding to fishing. It says that we need to keep our lines in the water from the moment we leave our apartments until the moment we return. A lot of missionaries sometimes (I'm guilty of this too sometimes) waste time doing things that aren't as important as keeping focused on finding people. Sometimes I find myself wanting to finish listening to a song in the car before we get out of the car to tract. It's just wasting time and you can miss opportunities when you do that. I'm trying to be a better missionary every day. But it sure ain't easy haha.
This week we also got to meet a less active that we went and saw named Sister Morgan. She is an older black lady that lives in a place called Mayflower Towers. It's like an old folks home haha. She reminded me of those ladies on those movies that shows them in church clapping and yelling hallelujah hahaha. She was so funny and awesome! She invited us to go to one of their bingo matches they have every week haha. The purpose was to show the people that we are normal every day people. Hopefully it'll be worth while and fun haha. We are doing that tomorrow morning.
Yesterday after church we visited Jennifer and The Perez family. We helded Jennifer fix her fence because her dogs kept getting out. We went to the Perez house later that night. They are such a awesome family. Bro Perez is sooo funny and likes to annoy his wife and she dishes it back haha. Their daughter was there who we had never met. We talked to them for a while and then Elder McGill shared a message. They made us take a bunch a food and ice cream they didn't want nor need haha. Right before we left Sister Perez and Isabelle (their daughter) asked for a blessing. Elder McGill gave a blessing to Sister Perez and I gave one to Isabelle. Mine was going very well and very spiritual but then of course our phone goes off in the middle of it...haha. After we left we checked who it was, it was Jennifer of course...haha. She calls us at least twice a day. We don't mind though of course!
Anyway I think that's all I have to report this week!!! I love you all so much and miss you everyday!!! I can't believe transfers are right around the corner already! They happen on Jan 24th. So I'll be sure to let you know whats happening. Love youuuu allll!!!
Love, Elder Peterson
This last week was awesome!!! Last Monday we had a zone activity! We went to the institute which is the building right next to the stake center where we email, and played fooseball, pool, ping pong, and signs!! Everybody loved playing signs. I was the person in the middle a lot because I always lose who has the sign haha. We have one of the smaller zones in our mission. We have two districts in our zone. Our district is full of Elders and the other is all Sisters. I'll send a picture of us all. The picture is of us all at a Zone Training Meeting this last Friday.
Last Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Spanish Elders again. I went with Elder Markwalter. He's our district leader if I didn't already mention that in previous emails. We visited less actives all day. We meet the father of the Barnard family. The member was the daughter and we came to find out that she was deaf and her dad had to translate for her. He was awesome but he wasn't interested of course. He said he didn't believe in organized religion, but if he did he would join the LDS church. He loved how much the church takes care of his daughter. He said he knew she would be just fine if something happened to him and wife because the church would be there for her. The wife is a member though. We talked with him for about a half hour. He was on the verge of tears talking about what his daughters been through so he excused himself inside before he started crying.
That next friday we had ZTM (Zone Training Meeting). It was a ton of fun and of course spiritual. We talked about tracting and finding a lot. We read a story that's in Preach my Gospel that talks about finding. It relates finding to fishing. It says that we need to keep our lines in the water from the moment we leave our apartments until the moment we return. A lot of missionaries sometimes (I'm guilty of this too sometimes) waste time doing things that aren't as important as keeping focused on finding people. Sometimes I find myself wanting to finish listening to a song in the car before we get out of the car to tract. It's just wasting time and you can miss opportunities when you do that. I'm trying to be a better missionary every day. But it sure ain't easy haha.
This week we also got to meet a less active that we went and saw named Sister Morgan. She is an older black lady that lives in a place called Mayflower Towers. It's like an old folks home haha. She reminded me of those ladies on those movies that shows them in church clapping and yelling hallelujah hahaha. She was so funny and awesome! She invited us to go to one of their bingo matches they have every week haha. The purpose was to show the people that we are normal every day people. Hopefully it'll be worth while and fun haha. We are doing that tomorrow morning.
Yesterday after church we visited Jennifer and The Perez family. We helded Jennifer fix her fence because her dogs kept getting out. We went to the Perez house later that night. They are such a awesome family. Bro Perez is sooo funny and likes to annoy his wife and she dishes it back haha. Their daughter was there who we had never met. We talked to them for a while and then Elder McGill shared a message. They made us take a bunch a food and ice cream they didn't want nor need haha. Right before we left Sister Perez and Isabelle (their daughter) asked for a blessing. Elder McGill gave a blessing to Sister Perez and I gave one to Isabelle. Mine was going very well and very spiritual but then of course our phone goes off in the middle of it...haha. After we left we checked who it was, it was Jennifer of course...haha. She calls us at least twice a day. We don't mind though of course!
Anyway I think that's all I have to report this week!!! I love you all so much and miss you everyday!!! I can't believe transfers are right around the corner already! They happen on Jan 24th. So I'll be sure to let you know whats happening. Love youuuu allll!!!
Love, Elder Peterson
Comments
Post a Comment