Designated Driver . . .
Well hello everyone!!!
Well things here in College Heights Bakersfield is going pretty well so far! I've sent two letters so far from the new apartment. I just sent one today for Tyson, earlier for Trasen. So you should have my new address. But I'll tell it anyway. It's 2721 Bernard St. apt. 45 Bakersfield, California 93306.
Elder Watkins is a pretty cool guy. He has some medical issues so he has to take medication every day. He tells me all the time that he's "anti-social" but every time we talk to anyone he talks away. He has confidence issues and seems to need a spiritual boost every day to keep him going. This week we've been visiting a lot of the members to introduce me and to get to know the members better. This ward really loves missionary work so they want us working with the members a lot. They are just starting a program in the ward that members put there names down on a day that we can come over and teach them lessons for practice. It's just to get us off the streets I guess.
We share half the ward with a pair of Sisters. Sister Hertig and Sister Faamoe. They are pretty cool. We see them at church and at correlation with our Ward Mission Leader. This week was great. We've been showing mormon messages for our messages at the end of dinners or just visits to the members. We've seen a lot of good ones but a couple good ones are Lift, Like a Broken Vessel, and I'm Holding You. You guys should look them up, they'are awesome. Also if you want I've heard two awesome songs that you guys should hear. They are Him and Him Alone and The Hardest Thing by The Nashville Tribute Band. I'm not sure if those are the exact names but they are awesome (made me cry). Him and Him Alone isn't by The Nashville Tribute Band though, not sure who.
Other news. I am now the designated driver, but Elder Watkins is the senior companion. Mostly because I guess Watkins complained to the AP's that he didn't want to drive. So that was a surprise when they handed me the keys haha. But it's good I like it. We've gone to the Mission Office in Bakersfield twice this week because Watkins had two packages come in for him. So we drove there and we saw that they have my picture of Jennifer's baptism in a frame sitting in there! So that was pretty cool.
But anyway!! I think that's all to report this week! It's been a fun week of new things! Bakersfield is great, warmer then Lancaster haha. How are things at home? Love you all!!

Love, Elder Peterson
P.S. This is the day before I left Lancaster. Not sure why it moves haha.
Elder Watkins is a pretty cool guy. He has some medical issues so he has to take medication every day. He tells me all the time that he's "anti-social" but every time we talk to anyone he talks away. He has confidence issues and seems to need a spiritual boost every day to keep him going. This week we've been visiting a lot of the members to introduce me and to get to know the members better. This ward really loves missionary work so they want us working with the members a lot. They are just starting a program in the ward that members put there names down on a day that we can come over and teach them lessons for practice. It's just to get us off the streets I guess.
We share half the ward with a pair of Sisters. Sister Hertig and Sister Faamoe. They are pretty cool. We see them at church and at correlation with our Ward Mission Leader. This week was great. We've been showing mormon messages for our messages at the end of dinners or just visits to the members. We've seen a lot of good ones but a couple good ones are Lift, Like a Broken Vessel, and I'm Holding You. You guys should look them up, they'are awesome. Also if you want I've heard two awesome songs that you guys should hear. They are Him and Him Alone and The Hardest Thing by The Nashville Tribute Band. I'm not sure if those are the exact names but they are awesome (made me cry). Him and Him Alone isn't by The Nashville Tribute Band though, not sure who.
But anyway!! I think that's all to report this week! It's been a fun week of new things! Bakersfield is great, warmer then Lancaster haha. How are things at home? Love you all!!
Love, Elder Peterson
P.S. This is the day before I left Lancaster. Not sure why it moves haha.
Still giggling!!! I can't wait to explain to him why the picture moves. 3 months out and technology already passing him up. Sure love him. ❤️
ReplyDelete