Priesthood. Exchanges. Work etc!!!!
What's up fam and friends!!!!! This week was great! This last Monday our Zone Leaders went up to Bishop (an area where they can go golfing) and so we didn't have a car. So we got permission to take one of the sisters car to get our shopping and stuff done. That was fun. We got to be in a new 2017 chevy malibu! Also today our Zone Leaders went up there again but not nearly as long as last time. So they gave us their truck to drive around for a little bit before they get back. They named the truck Sharlot haha. It's a really nice Toyota Tacoma. I know you'll be jealous Tyson! 😉😂
This Friday we went on exchanges with Elder Pixton and Holland again. It's always super fun to spend time with them and work. I went with Elder Pixton. We went to teach one of their new investigators the Plan of Salvation. But he wasn't feeling good when we went over so we just rescheduled with him. We then went and did some service for one of their members, the Loughmiller's. We helped Brother Loughmiller put his truck bed on his truck that he's been building. It's a super awesome and old truck!
Elder Franklin as he was lifting the truck bed I guess strained a muscle in his back so we've haven't been able to do a lot of work this week. But randomly on Tuesday I think one of our members Sister Malone called us and asked if we could teach her some the missionary lessons so he can get baptized. I guess she wanted her son Samuel to WANT to get baptized, not just to get baptized because everyone else did it type of deal. So he's 9 and we went over last night to teach the Restoration. His parents had taught him the gospel SUPER well because he knew the answer to pretty much any question we asked. We asked him if he knew who Joseph Smith was and he told us like the whole First Vision, about his life and everything haha. So that was fun. We set his baptismal date for September 8th. That's your birthday Momma!!!!!😁
Yesterday as well at church Brandon got the priesthood!!!!! We were upset though because we didn't get to attend the ordination because President Layton and Sister Layton came to our ward during third hour to talk to the youth about missionary work and he wanted us to be there. It was super awesome. I love them. But we went by Brandon and Brandie that night and talked to them. He said he felt super good about it and was excited to start doing home teaching.
In my personal study I've still been reading the Book of Mormon and highlighting all the names of Jesus Christ. I'm now in Alma chapter 8. It's super awesome and brings a special spirit to me when I do that. I won't lie I've even teared up a couple times when I read. I love it!! I know that my Redeemer lives!!!!!!
I love and miss you all!!! Talk to y'all in a week!!
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: Alma 5:37-38
37 O ye workers of iniquity; ye that are puffed up in the vain things of the world, ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone astray, as sheep having no shepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not hearken unto his voice!
38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
Pics:
This Friday we went on exchanges with Elder Pixton and Holland again. It's always super fun to spend time with them and work. I went with Elder Pixton. We went to teach one of their new investigators the Plan of Salvation. But he wasn't feeling good when we went over so we just rescheduled with him. We then went and did some service for one of their members, the Loughmiller's. We helped Brother Loughmiller put his truck bed on his truck that he's been building. It's a super awesome and old truck!
Elder Franklin as he was lifting the truck bed I guess strained a muscle in his back so we've haven't been able to do a lot of work this week. But randomly on Tuesday I think one of our members Sister Malone called us and asked if we could teach her some the missionary lessons so he can get baptized. I guess she wanted her son Samuel to WANT to get baptized, not just to get baptized because everyone else did it type of deal. So he's 9 and we went over last night to teach the Restoration. His parents had taught him the gospel SUPER well because he knew the answer to pretty much any question we asked. We asked him if he knew who Joseph Smith was and he told us like the whole First Vision, about his life and everything haha. So that was fun. We set his baptismal date for September 8th. That's your birthday Momma!!!!!😁
Yesterday as well at church Brandon got the priesthood!!!!! We were upset though because we didn't get to attend the ordination because President Layton and Sister Layton came to our ward during third hour to talk to the youth about missionary work and he wanted us to be there. It was super awesome. I love them. But we went by Brandon and Brandie that night and talked to them. He said he felt super good about it and was excited to start doing home teaching.
In my personal study I've still been reading the Book of Mormon and highlighting all the names of Jesus Christ. I'm now in Alma chapter 8. It's super awesome and brings a special spirit to me when I do that. I won't lie I've even teared up a couple times when I read. I love it!! I know that my Redeemer lives!!!!!!
I love and miss you all!!! Talk to y'all in a week!!
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: Alma 5:37-38
37 O ye workers of iniquity; ye that are puffed up in the vain things of the world, ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone astray, as sheep having no shepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not hearken unto his voice!
38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
Pics:

Looking good Elder Peterson! Keep up the great work!!
ReplyDelete