It's been another great week in Ridgecrest!

Hey everyone!! It's another week gone by! This last Monday we went to Marshells and I bought me some new dress shoes!! They are freaking FRESH!!! (awesome, stylish, sweet, cool) haha. Today we are going to play Uno as a Zone!! I'm excited! It should be good! Thank you to all you that wrote from the cabin!! I loved them! Thank you Robyn for that awesome story about Temple Work. I've already told it to a couple people.

We met with Brandon and Brandi again this week. We taught them the Law of Tithing and Fast Offerings. They are hesitant about it but we just continued to promise them blessings. They committed to keep it eventually. We set up their baptismal interviews for tomorrow!! President Layton is coming up anyway to interview us missionaries so we asked him to interview Brandi. Elder Pixton (our Zone Leader) is going to interview Brandon. And then they're getting baptized this Saturday! We are super excited for them! I'll make sure to send pictures.

We've talked to Linda (investigator) this week. She talked to one of them members and told her to tell us that she is super stressed out right now because she's trying to move right now. She doesn't want to take the lessons anymore for now. We are sad but understand.

Last night Elder Franklin and I were walking home at like 8:30 and a couple of guys stop us and told us to come over. They were sitting outside a gas station on some benches. We could tell right off the bat that one of them was at least a little drunk. They first called us over to ask a dumb question but then Elder Franklin switched the conversation to "Have you ever talked to missionaries before?". We then started talking about the Book of Mormon and shared the First Vision with them. We talked to them up until 9. While we were there Elder Franklin likes to talk so he was answering questions and talking for most the time. One of them actually stopped him and said "Hey man you're talking too much let your friend talk" haha so I shared Moroni 10: 3-5 and bore my testimony. They said they really felt something when I was talking. So that was awesome!!

Not much else happened this week...but it's been a great week! Oh Brandon and Brandi came to all 3 hours of our services yesterday!! So that was great! We are going to go by them every day this week to make sure they're ready. Also this week I took a pros Book of Mormon and am highlighting Jesus's name(s) in the entire thing. I'm in the middle of Mosiah right now. I'm reading it of course as I go along. It's super awesome!! And I've learned so much already!!

Well I love and miss you all!! Thanks for everything!!

Love, Elder Peterson

p.s. YO WHAT'S UP JADYN!!!!!!! LET'S GET IT!!!! SHOUT OUT TO MY HOMIE JADYN SIMKINS!!!!! LOVE YA!!!! If anyone else wants a shout out just let me know!!😁

Favorite scripture this week: Mosiah 7:33
33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Sorry, I had a few misspelled words in the above comment! I'm so glad that you recieved the letters and could use the story. I love the idea of highlighting Jesus's name throughout the Book of Mormon. I might have to try it. Love ya Lots!! And so proud of you!!

    August 1, 2017 at 9:21 PM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts