BAPTISMAL DATES!!!
Hey there everyone! This week was the bomb! We went to the Temple Tuesday, we went with the Hall family down to the LA temple with the Spanish Elders. It took us about 3 hours to get down there. We weren't bored for one moment of the ride because Brother and Sister Hall are hilarious! They're like little kids in adult bodies haha! The temple is always an awesome experience! I'm glad we get to go at least twice a year.
This morning we went to what is called the "Trona Pinnacles". That's why I haven't sent this until now. But it's basically just a bunch of big pointy rocks everywhere haha. They were fun to climb ☺ We went and played basketball for a little bit until I got on.
| Elder Franklin, me, Thomas Hall (he's leaving to his mission this month to Chile) Elder Stephenson and West. |
This week was AWESOME!! I can't remember if I told you about our investigators Brandon and Brandi but they are ready for baptism! We meet with them this last Wednesday and set them to be baptized on August 5th. They are super ready. All they have to work out is Brandon has to stop smoking and is already making progress. He's meeting with our bishop every week to help and we send them scriptures every day to encourage them. Brandi's working on stop drinking tea. She's doing well so far too! We are super excited for both of them.
Small update from my last area...June Snow (investigator) hasn't been baptized yet but they said she's getting closer and closer. So I have no doubt that she'll get baptized soon.
| Elder Franklin and I at the LA Temple! |
We did super good on finding this week! The area is doing so much better than in the past! We found a family this week because a member in our ward took us on his home teaching route. It was so awesome! They all got a copy of the Book of Mormon and he challenged them to read and pray about it. We are going to go back sometime next week hopefully!
I want to say thank you to all those who emailed this week! Thank you for all the birthday wishes too! I love all of you! Miss you!
Love, Elder Peterson
| On our way back! me, Elder West, Elder Franklin's sleeping haha. |
Favorite scripture from this week: Alma 48:23
23 Now, they were sorry to take up arms against the Lamanites, because they did not delight in the shedding of blood; yea, and this was not all—they were sorry to be the means of sending so many of their brethren out of this world into an eternal world, unprepared to meet their God.
Comments
Post a Comment