Last Transfer!
Well we got transfer news this week! And for my last 6 weeks I found out that I will be training my 3rd "son" and staying here in North Edwards!!! Elder Webb will be going to Bishop. Which is basically the top of our mission border. It is very green and cool there so it'll be the exact opposite of here in North Edwards where it is very deserty haha. The only thing that is kind of irritating about training is that I don't know who my companion will be. I will find out on Tuesday but normally if you're just getting a missionary that is not just coming out of the MTC then they tell you who you are getting. But if you're training you have to wait until the morning of to find out who they are. It's all good though all make it haha! I'm looking forward to it and being able to teach him how to work hard.
This last Monday was a lot of fun, we had our district activity. We went to the Air Force Base that is really close to our area. To Muroc Elders have a member that is in the Air Force so he was able to get us in the base and we were able to eat and go bowling there. It was a lot of fun and because it was on base it was super cheap. We played 3 games and barely paid over 3 dollars!! I did pretty good first game (beginners luck since I haven't been bowling in years haha) second game I did terrible. But the third game I did better than both of them and was proud of myself haha.
We went on exchanges with the Rosamond Elders. I was with Elder Francom in their area. Elder Francom is going home on Wednesday he came into the mission field a transfer before I did. So it was a lot of fun being with him and working hard for his last exchange.
A person we've been trying to teach name Aaron came to church yesterday. It was kind of a random thing but kind of not haha. We had been going by his house because there was somebody else that we were trying to teach named Dwayne but he would always not be home or not have time to talk to us. In the process of trying to meet with him we met Aaron. We had our Elders Quorum President try to go pick up Dwayne for church but he was sleeping when he showed up. As he was leaving Aaron came out and said that he wanted to go so President Soto let him wear one of his white shirts and tie and he came to church! He liked it a lot and he is a super open guy and made comments and ask questions in every meeting. He said that he will be back next week and our Ward Mission Leader Bro James invited him to play basketball today with some members of the ward. So that is part of what we are going to do today as well.
It has been a great transfer I've had a lot of fun with Elder Webb. We have one other Elder coming into our district as well as my new greenie. So it will be fun to get to work with them and get to know them.
I love this work and I love the Lord. Love and miss you all and can't wait to see you in just a short 6 weeks.
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 31:21
21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
Pics:
Elder Webb and I.

This last Monday was a lot of fun, we had our district activity. We went to the Air Force Base that is really close to our area. To Muroc Elders have a member that is in the Air Force so he was able to get us in the base and we were able to eat and go bowling there. It was a lot of fun and because it was on base it was super cheap. We played 3 games and barely paid over 3 dollars!! I did pretty good first game (beginners luck since I haven't been bowling in years haha) second game I did terrible. But the third game I did better than both of them and was proud of myself haha.
We went on exchanges with the Rosamond Elders. I was with Elder Francom in their area. Elder Francom is going home on Wednesday he came into the mission field a transfer before I did. So it was a lot of fun being with him and working hard for his last exchange.
A person we've been trying to teach name Aaron came to church yesterday. It was kind of a random thing but kind of not haha. We had been going by his house because there was somebody else that we were trying to teach named Dwayne but he would always not be home or not have time to talk to us. In the process of trying to meet with him we met Aaron. We had our Elders Quorum President try to go pick up Dwayne for church but he was sleeping when he showed up. As he was leaving Aaron came out and said that he wanted to go so President Soto let him wear one of his white shirts and tie and he came to church! He liked it a lot and he is a super open guy and made comments and ask questions in every meeting. He said that he will be back next week and our Ward Mission Leader Bro James invited him to play basketball today with some members of the ward. So that is part of what we are going to do today as well.
It has been a great transfer I've had a lot of fun with Elder Webb. We have one other Elder coming into our district as well as my new greenie. So it will be fun to get to work with them and get to know them.
I love this work and I love the Lord. Love and miss you all and can't wait to see you in just a short 6 weeks.
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 31:21
21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
Pics:
Elder Webb and I.

Comments
Post a Comment