A Special Zone Conference/Less than 2 months!?


 Hey everyone!! This week was extra special, we had a special guest come to are Zone conference this week.

On Tuesday we had our Zone Conference in Lancaster, along with the Palmdale Zone and the Santa Clarita Zone. Elder Jorg Klebingat of the Seventy came and gave most of the training for the meeting. He is from Germany and is a really amazing teacher and awesome guy. It helped me realize really how normal all the general authorizes really are. You know we see them as these huge spiritual giants that are so great and always say like "oh they must be like the most perfect and amazing people". But at the meeting Elder Klebingat was cracking jokes and messing around with us!🤣 It was really cool. He talked a lot about our soul purpose as missionaries and how we have made a covenant to fullfil it. But one of my the things he talked about that I want to try is memory palaces. Where to help you memorize where a scripture is or anything you think of any specific place and then replace the reference with object to represent the number. It's hard to explain over email but yeah haha. Anyway so we got to shake his hand and talk to him for a second afterwards. He asked me how long I have left and told me to leave it all out on the field! Which I intend to do! 

This weekend we went on exchanges with the Rosamond Elders. Elder Childs came with me and Elder Webb went with Elder Francom. Elder Childs and I had a pretty good exchange. We talked to quite a few people. No one was interested but that ok. We were able to talk to one of our investigators and invite her to come to church. She was planning on coming but had to cancel last minute because of something that she had to do but she said she'll definitely be there next week! So we are excited about that.

We have made little contact with our investigators right now but we do have set appointments for this week with them so those should be good. 

I'm thankful for this work and the things that I have learned so far. I look forward to the things that I will continue to be able to learn and experience for these last couple months. I love missionary work and hope to help out a missionaries that are in my area when I get home. I encourage you to meet your missionaries in your area if you don't already know them and help them out in any way. Whether that be by feeding them or going to the lesson with them etc. So work is always enhanced when members are involved in any way.

I love you all and I thank you for the amazing support that I've received not only on my mission but my whole life. Have an amazing week!

Love, Elder Peterson

Favorite scripture of the week: Alma 33:16 (this is one of the many scriptures Elder Klebingat reference to us. He said "if you want to know how to make the Lord angry, here it is") 

16 For behold, he said: Thou art angry, O Lord, with this people, because they will not understand thy mercies which thou hast bestowed upon them because of thy Son.

Pics:

The Boron mine is really close to us so they have a small museum and this right outside of it!

Comments

Popular Posts