Miracles and Awesomeness!!!
Hello family and friends!! This week was awesome! Last Monday we just had a nice relax Monday. We really didn't do much fun activities. It was still a great Monday! I don't know if I mentioned this last Monday but today we are working right after emails as usual on a normal day because we are having a temple trip tomorrow morning. And that will count as our P-day. We are getting a ride with some members and they are taking us and the Spanish Elders down to LA. We will be attending the 10:30 a.m. session. We are going as a zone. So our entire zone will be in one endowment session...at least that's what we hope.
This week was full of miracles. Yesterday our zone leaders asked us all to join them in a fast for our zone goals to find and set people with baptismal dates. We've been working with one of our investigators named Carrie. We've been trying to get her to read and come to church but she hadn't been doing either. So we decided we'd probably have to drop her. We went to her house with just a little hope that she might turn around this time. We did a scripture chain with her (basically just reading different scriptures with her that had to do with repentance). After she read a couple she said "Yeah what am I waiting for?" then we read a couple more and she said "Why not?" to baptism. She we got really excited and the spirit prompted both me and Elder Franklin to commit her to baptism. We did and asked how July 29th sounded. She agreed that would be a good day. So we were able to set her with that. We were soooo excited!!
Right after we got out of that appointment, we were walking down the street and a random guy on the side of the street called us out and said "Hey you guys have a pamphlet or something I can have? You guys are Jehovah Witnesses right?" and Elder Franklin said "No we're Mormons". We ended up teaching him a little about the Book of Mormon because he didn't have much time to talk. We gave him one along with a pamphlet. We set a return appointment for the next day but someone told us he was sleeping when we knocked. We'll catch him another time.
Also yesterday our Zone Leaders texted us saying that two people walked in to their sacrament meeting and talked to them saying that they just recently moved here and they were getting ready for baptism where they used to live. So we were able to get 3 new investigators 1 baptismal date and 2 at church this week which was super exciting!!
I'm always excited to hear from all of you! I love and miss each one of you! I pray for you always!
A scripture I liked this week...Mosiah 18:10
10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
Comments
Post a Comment