"God is good"
| Hi Everyone!!! |
I'm sooooooo excited hear about Calli!!!!
I got a letter from Grandma-ma that she had received her mission call a couple days ago and could not wait to get on to the computer to read where she is going! SPAIN!?!?!?!?! That's frickin' awesome!!!! I'm so stocked for you!!! Calli that is sooo coollll, even cooler that you and your friend are going to the same place on the same day!!! Hey go there and ask for Lionel Messi!!! That'd be bomb to meet him!! I'm so excited for you!! A mission is a great experience!! Write me letters and emails too though!
| The District |
Anyway!! How has everyone else been? It's been good here for my second week in the College Heights Ward. Last Monday after emailing we went with to other Elders. Elder Bird and Elder Herrings to a members in their ward. He lives in a retirement community and it has a place there called The Lounge. It had all sorts of games there. Pool, board games, beauty salons, computer labs, popcorn, lunch room. It was way fun. We played pool and the board game scrabble the whole time! The rest of the week we didn't have any lessons sadly because for one of our investigators she's been sick and the others we just need to set up times to come over with. We've been trying to work with the members to help them with their home teaching so we can get in the homes. Especially if the families are Part Members.
We've been meeting all kinds of new people this week! We met an atheist that we talked to for just 5 minutes but right when we saw us he was like "Hey you guys preaching that dog-*bleep*?" Haha it was pretty funny. Elder Watkins was just like "Yep!". He went on to tell us that we is a vietnam veteran and that if there was a God he would've killed all the bad people in the world. He said he just relies on common sense. We didn't really try to share anything with him but he was pretty funny. We ended up giving him a card with our number and he said he'd call us if he needed help with anything. So that was fun.
We also met a guy named Raymond who had tattoos everywhere on his arms and neck. We were walking back to our car and he was standing almost right next to it. As we were walking towards him he was like "Hi!" we talked to him and gave him a Book of Mormon and found out that he doesn't have a church he goes to but he loves God. He told us that he just got a job and starts his first day in a couple days. He was like "Well I just got a job and my first day is soon! God is good bro!" haha it was pretty funny. We called him a couple days later to try to set up a lesson with him. He said he was at church and they were watching the Super Bowl and partying. We had a good laugh about that. We'll try to set up a lesson with him soon.
| This is Danielle with Elder McGill and Elder Gold!!! He just sent me this I am sooo excited!! Steve Lopez and Elder Hulet are on the left. |
Well it's been a great week! I hope all is well back home and I'm sure it is! I love hearing from everyone every week! I love you all and miss every one of you!!!
p.s. by the way Lacey, I showed Sister Hertig your email and she was freaking out! She was so excited! She said that's crazy and it's a small world! So cool!
Love your son, brother, cousin, and grandson,
Elder Peterson
Elder Peterson
Comments
Post a Comment