Stake Conference Week!!!



Hi again!! This week's been another great one. We've had lots to do which is great! It's been a little difficult getting in contact with the Olive Knolls investigators but we've been texting some of them and setting up times to go by. Its been really cool seeing both wards start to come together and work together in the Lord's work. I am so thankful and excited to work with them.
We had interviews with President Layton on Thursday. I always love getting to talk to him and receiving council from him. He truly ministers to and cares about all the missionaries in this mission. He promised me that if I continue working hard for the rest of these 5 months my family will be blessed. I intend to do my absolute best
😊 And of course while your waiting to be interviewed Sister Layton always has something for you to do or to talk about. This time she had a table set up with plates and everything (to simulate a dinner appt) and showed us proper etiquette of how to eat and act. Haha she's so awesome
😁We had Stake Conference this weekend! It was super awesome. The theme was mostly on ministering. Our Stake President had two recent converts share their testimonies and stories. They were so powerful as always and prove that the Lord is always in the details of our lives. He leads others to us or He leads us to others. We sat near the Judkins Family for both sessions. Haha I love Sister Judkins she's so great! We walked in early and sat down towards the back in the hard chairs at first. We looked up and saw Sister Judkins waving us to come to the front where she was. She made us sit next to her family. She said "I can't have my missionaries sitting in uncomfortable chairs!"
😂
😂 I love them!We've been trying to meet with David but have just been sending him scriptures to read and videos to watch. We are hoping to go by with cookies in the next couple of days and invite him to a lunch the ward is having for Pioneer Day soon. I really hope we get to see him soon.
The Lord is always with us. Everything happens for a reason. The Lord will bless us for every effort we give to serve others. I love His gospel. I love His Prophet. President Russell M Nelson. He is God's mouthpiece on the earth today. We must 'follow the Prophet'.
Thank you all for the love and support!!
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: Moroni 7:13
13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.
Pics:
Elder Chamberlain and I!
A VERY ghetto jail in Buttonwillow!
😂
😂Funny pic of us haha
😂
Comments
Post a Comment