Weekly Email!
Hi Everyone!!
I am so excited every week to sit down at a computer and email! I get excited from the number in my inbox folder!:) It's so great to hear from all of you! I miss all of you and love you all so much! Say hi to everyone!
This week has been pretty awesome! Last Monday after emailing Elder Bankhead and I went and hung out with some of the Elders in our district and we played Nerf! It was way fun! You could tell some of the Elders took it way to seriously but that's what would make it fun. We would play certain game modes they made up and run around the church and shoot each other haha. It was more fun than it might seem, especially when you're a missionary you think everything is fun and funny.
But anyway, last Tuesday was awesome because we did exchanges with the Spanish Elders in our district. I went with Elder Wiedrick. He's an awesome Elder. He's 21 but has only been on his mission for 4 months because he decided to go to college for a while before. He's already got 3 years of college under his belt which I think is pretty sick. He's speaking spanish very well for only being out for 4 months. We picked up a new investigator which was exciting. Her names Virri.
Jennifer is doing really well. She just had her last cigarette on Friday and is now fighting through temptations to try to stop. She set a new date to be baptized on December 3rd. We went to her house for dinner on Friday and had dinner with her and her family. Danielle was there as well. After dinner we originally planned to teach Danielle lesson 3, but Jennifer forgot to tell Danielle so she had to head out after dinner. So instead Jennifer's 13 year old daughter Kiana had been telling her that she wanted to start taking the lessons. So we ended up teaching Kiana lesson 1 that night which was awesome. She brought up baptism during the lesson so we asked her the question of being baptized and she agreed to be baptized on the same day as her mom. It was very exciting but Elder Bankhead and I talked after and both felt that she might be wanting to be baptized just because that's what her mom is doing or because one of her best friends is a member of the church.
We had Elder Bednar come and talk to us on Saturday!! It was one of the coolest spiritual things I've been to so far! It was at the stake center in Bakersfield and about 150 missionaries were there all in the chapel. We were all soooo excited because we all got sat down and settled but Bednar wasn't in the room yet. But when he walked in everyone stood as he entered and as he did Elder Bankhead and I both agreed that the Spirit like punched us in the face when we saw him. It was amazing. I felt the Spirit the entire time he was there. It was so awesome and one of the first things he said to us was that we do not need to worry about being called on or put on the spot and worrying that you might mess up on something because an apostle of the Lord is here. He made quite a few jokes through out the meeting which was calming for all of us. He talked about a ton of different subjects but a good part of the meeting was him having missionaries stand and ask him questions. And then he would talk about things based off the questions and answers. There was also a member of the Seventy there that talked to us. His name was Elder Ardern. He's from New Zealand so he had a heavy accent that was fun to listen to haha. Him and Elder Bednar switched off answering questions and sharing experiences they've had about the questions they were being asked. Such a awesome meeting.
Also yesterday at church we had 4 investigators show up!! Elder Bankhead and I were so pumped when we saw them! Later that day we went tracting in an area that we haven't gone in a while and we found a guy named Armando that seemed interested so we taught him a restored truth and he told us to come back next Sunday so we were able to count him as a new investigator. Also about 5 minutes later we knocked a door and an Italian lady came out and talked to us for about 20 minutes. She told us right off the bat that she wasn't interested in what we had to offer because she is catholic and was fine with what she had. But she then went on to tell us that she really respects us and admires us for doing what we do because there's always going to be those people that hate us and yell at us or just slam the door in our faces but she said to just keep going and don't give up. She was awesome! We already knew what she told us but it was awesome to have a refresher of it. At the end of the day we went by a potential investigator named Lindsey Gill and she said she was interested and said to come back next Saturday. So we got two new investigators yesterday and also four people at church!! Elder Bankhead was so pumped he said he couldn't sleep that well last night haha.
I think I'm starting to like Elder Bankhead more and more every day haha. Not that I hadn't before. I love him:) But it was funny because he told me that a couple weeks ago he asked his brother to send him a blow dart gun because one of our zone leaders Elder Hulet had one and he really wanted one. And a couple nights ago we were being kind of loud right before we went to bed and then someone knocked on our door. We thought it was management coming to yell at us to shut up so we were freaking out. Bankhead opened the door and saw a long box left on our door mat. He realized what it was and got so excited! And at this point it was like 10 o'clock. He didn't care we called over the zone leaders to show them and surprises them. Elder Hulet was so pumped when he saw it haha. It's fun to shoot.
Anyway, how are you guys? What's up? I'm excited to hear from you guys! I love and miss you every day!
Love,
Elder Peterson
I am so excited every week to sit down at a computer and email! I get excited from the number in my inbox folder!:) It's so great to hear from all of you! I miss all of you and love you all so much! Say hi to everyone!
This week has been pretty awesome! Last Monday after emailing Elder Bankhead and I went and hung out with some of the Elders in our district and we played Nerf! It was way fun! You could tell some of the Elders took it way to seriously but that's what would make it fun. We would play certain game modes they made up and run around the church and shoot each other haha. It was more fun than it might seem, especially when you're a missionary you think everything is fun and funny.
But anyway, last Tuesday was awesome because we did exchanges with the Spanish Elders in our district. I went with Elder Wiedrick. He's an awesome Elder. He's 21 but has only been on his mission for 4 months because he decided to go to college for a while before. He's already got 3 years of college under his belt which I think is pretty sick. He's speaking spanish very well for only being out for 4 months. We picked up a new investigator which was exciting. Her names Virri.
Jennifer is doing really well. She just had her last cigarette on Friday and is now fighting through temptations to try to stop. She set a new date to be baptized on December 3rd. We went to her house for dinner on Friday and had dinner with her and her family. Danielle was there as well. After dinner we originally planned to teach Danielle lesson 3, but Jennifer forgot to tell Danielle so she had to head out after dinner. So instead Jennifer's 13 year old daughter Kiana had been telling her that she wanted to start taking the lessons. So we ended up teaching Kiana lesson 1 that night which was awesome. She brought up baptism during the lesson so we asked her the question of being baptized and she agreed to be baptized on the same day as her mom. It was very exciting but Elder Bankhead and I talked after and both felt that she might be wanting to be baptized just because that's what her mom is doing or because one of her best friends is a member of the church.
We had Elder Bednar come and talk to us on Saturday!! It was one of the coolest spiritual things I've been to so far! It was at the stake center in Bakersfield and about 150 missionaries were there all in the chapel. We were all soooo excited because we all got sat down and settled but Bednar wasn't in the room yet. But when he walked in everyone stood as he entered and as he did Elder Bankhead and I both agreed that the Spirit like punched us in the face when we saw him. It was amazing. I felt the Spirit the entire time he was there. It was so awesome and one of the first things he said to us was that we do not need to worry about being called on or put on the spot and worrying that you might mess up on something because an apostle of the Lord is here. He made quite a few jokes through out the meeting which was calming for all of us. He talked about a ton of different subjects but a good part of the meeting was him having missionaries stand and ask him questions. And then he would talk about things based off the questions and answers. There was also a member of the Seventy there that talked to us. His name was Elder Ardern. He's from New Zealand so he had a heavy accent that was fun to listen to haha. Him and Elder Bednar switched off answering questions and sharing experiences they've had about the questions they were being asked. Such a awesome meeting.
Also yesterday at church we had 4 investigators show up!! Elder Bankhead and I were so pumped when we saw them! Later that day we went tracting in an area that we haven't gone in a while and we found a guy named Armando that seemed interested so we taught him a restored truth and he told us to come back next Sunday so we were able to count him as a new investigator. Also about 5 minutes later we knocked a door and an Italian lady came out and talked to us for about 20 minutes. She told us right off the bat that she wasn't interested in what we had to offer because she is catholic and was fine with what she had. But she then went on to tell us that she really respects us and admires us for doing what we do because there's always going to be those people that hate us and yell at us or just slam the door in our faces but she said to just keep going and don't give up. She was awesome! We already knew what she told us but it was awesome to have a refresher of it. At the end of the day we went by a potential investigator named Lindsey Gill and she said she was interested and said to come back next Saturday. So we got two new investigators yesterday and also four people at church!! Elder Bankhead was so pumped he said he couldn't sleep that well last night haha.
I think I'm starting to like Elder Bankhead more and more every day haha. Not that I hadn't before. I love him:) But it was funny because he told me that a couple weeks ago he asked his brother to send him a blow dart gun because one of our zone leaders Elder Hulet had one and he really wanted one. And a couple nights ago we were being kind of loud right before we went to bed and then someone knocked on our door. We thought it was management coming to yell at us to shut up so we were freaking out. Bankhead opened the door and saw a long box left on our door mat. He realized what it was and got so excited! And at this point it was like 10 o'clock. He didn't care we called over the zone leaders to show them and surprises them. Elder Hulet was so pumped when he saw it haha. It's fun to shoot.
Anyway, how are you guys? What's up? I'm excited to hear from you guys! I love and miss you every day!
Love,
Elder Peterson
Comments
Post a Comment