Getting colder here in Lancaster!

Hello people!!!
It's starting to get colder here in Lancaster! Elder Bankhead and I have started needing to wear our jackets the past couple nights when we go street contacting. Not much happens after dark. Depending on what we got to do whether it be a lesson or go see less actives we usually just walk around town with a Book of Mormon in our hands. We'll talk and give pass-along cards to people we see but we have yet to have anyone really interested in what we say right off the bat. This week has been fun! I love when ever Elder Bankhead and I are in the car for however long because we have started to listen to Christmas songs! He has a bunch of Christmas songs by Pentatonix! I've started to love them! Whenever we play them I think of you Lacey haha!:)

But this week has been fun! After last P day we went to the institute right next to the stake center that I'm typing this at and played ping pong and fooseball with our Zone Leaders, Elder Hulet and Elder Burton. I totally owned Burton at one on one at fooseball! But when we did two on two Hulet is pretty good at goalie so they beat us twice haha. I love our Zone Leaders. We went on exchanges with them on Friday. I went with Elder Burton in his area. We went to teach a kid named Michael lesson three, but when we got to his house he was outside riding his long board around the street. I guess Elder Burton used to skate before his mission because he got on that board and started doing some tricks that would have made him fall on his face if he wasn't careful haha. We went inside and taught him and his older brother Bryant. Bryant was born very disabled. He can't walk because his body is deformed and probably the same size as a larger baby's would be. He was really cool though and loves video games. We had a good lesson but Michael I think wasn't sure what to think about what we were saying for some reason. Me and Elder Burton thought that maybe he just wasn't taking what we were saying very seriously.

Elder Bankhead and Elder Hulet said they had a blast together. Both of them love hunting and a lot of the same stuff. They both told their family to send them blowguns with really pointy needles haha. So they went hunting rabbits when it was getting to dark to go tracting. They didn't get any though haha. On Sunday Jennifer (one of our bomb investigators) told Elder Bankhead that him and Elder Hulet accidentally butt dialed her on Friday and she listened to them sing and talk for an hour! Elder Bankhead was sooo embarrassed. Jennifer's crazy haha.

We went and talked to Jennifer's friend Danielle who is also one of our investigators now. We went and talked to her after church because she didn't show up. She said she woke up late. But we sat there and talked for about 45 minutes about life and things that we believe. We meet with her tomorrow to teach her lesson 4. After that Steve Lopez who is one of the members took us to a older ladies house who's daughter for some reason just up and left the house one day and hasn't called or anything to let her know where she is. Her daughters like in her 40's though. We ended up teaching her the restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon to read haha. It was pretty cool.

To answer some questions...I did get the package you sent of the pictures of the New York trip it looked so fun! I loved it! Also I did get the letters from Emily and Austin. And the package Brandon and Tracy sent. I loved the Justin Bieber toothbrush!!;) Me and Elder Bankhead jam out to it every time we are brushing hahaha! It was so funny to pull out! Thank you guys for your letters and packages! I love every single one I get! We have been teaching Kiana (Jennifer's daughter) still. Elder Bankhead and Elder Hulet taught the Plan of Salvation on Friday. She wants to get baptized on December 3rd with her mom so if we're gonna teach her we probably have to start teaching two times a week so we can have all the lessons taught. Elder Bankhead and I have been having a great time together. As I said before every time we get in the car we blast music and party! It's just me and him in a apartment complex. It's right next to a really good pizza place so we go there often. I don't think I need anything specific for Christmas but feel free to send gifts if you want!:) Meals are great we get feed most nights by members but if not I've cooked up some spaghetti and meatballs once so far. Elder Bankhead and I go to the store every P day and buy basically whatever we want haha.
But hey I love you all and love hearing from you! I hope to keep being updated on all of your lives back home!:) Love and miss you guys!
Love,
Elder Peterson












Comments

Popular Posts