I made it back to the desert!!
Well this week has been full of walking and more walking!😊
Walking is good for ya so I don't mean that in a bad way!
Elder Webb (he's from Arizona) and his last comp exceeded
their mile limit for the month on our car so we have to walk everywhere until
Wednesday (Aug 1st). The only places we can drive to right now are to district
meeting/any meeting and Boron. Boron is about a 15 min drive east that we
cover. Our area is very spread out and very small in population. Elder Webb
said if we wanted to we could probably walk around North Edwards in half a day.
Our church building is down the street from our apartment. We live literally
right off the freeway. It's a great cozy town. It's also in the middle of no
where haha😁
There are only 3 sets of Elders in my district. There are
us, the Muroc Elders, and the Rosamond Elders. So we call it a
"Bro-strict".😂 The Muroc Elders (Elder
Lee and Wasden) called us on Wednesday and told me that they needed me to do a
baptismal interview for a person they are teaching named Jayden. We drove down
on Friday to go to District Meeting and then afterwards we went by Jayden's
house. What I didn't realize is that Jayden's parents (Jayden is 10) are some
members that I knew back in the west side of Lancaster in the Sierra ward! They
had moved to Muroc ward and I had no idea until I walked in and saw them! It
was cool to see them again. But anyway I was a little nervous for the interview
because I had never done one before until now but it went super well! Jayden is
super smart and knew the answer to every question.
The next day was her baptism! It was super cool to be there.
The Elders asked Elder Webb and I to be the witnesses. Also Sister Otte
(Jayden's mom) asked me to be in the circle for her confirmation. It was a
really great experience and the Spirit was strong!
Our Ward Mission Leader, Brother James is really cool. He is
super passionate about his calling and LOVES missionary work. He actually just
announced the ward mission plan to the ward yesterday at church. We had a
meeting with him yesterday and he expressed how much he wants to help the ward
and us. You can definitely feel that he loves this work!
Well I'm looking forward to being in the middle of no where
for the next little while!😊 It'll be a lot of hard
work but it'll be great!
I love you all!
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: 1 Nephi 3:7
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father:
I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the
Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a
way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
Families from the Snow Ward:
The Mills Fam
The Bready Fam (Tavin knew them)
The Phillips Fam (our Ward Mission Leader)
Bishop and Sister Urmston
A pic at transfers of me, my dad (trainer) Elder Bankhead,
my second born Elder Kelsey (my second trainee), and my first born Elder Jones
(my first trainer)! So basically it's a posterity picture haha😂
Elder Bankhead just went home.
Elder Martin and I. A good friend. He just went home too.
Me in my new area, North Edwards!!





Comments
Post a Comment