Snow Ward!!!
Hey!!! It's been so awesome this week!! I'm now in Snow Ward in Bakersfield in the same ward Tavin served in 2014!! It's been really cool. And I am staying in the same apartment he was in with Elder Bready!! I actually was looking through our area book and found a teaching record for Britany Maxfield that he baptized!! I took a picture of it so I'll send that too! We went by the Bready's my first day in the area. They are super cool and we talked about Tavin and about the chocolate he still owes them haha. They are feeding us this Thursday as well.
This ward is super cool and a lot of the members are super supportive in the work. I've been in some wards where the ward isn't really helping in the missionary work but this ward is way into it. Elder Brumwell's last comp Elder Coburn came up with an idea right before he left called the "The Family Mission Plan". They created a card that we give to member families that invites them to share the gospel through Temple and Family History work. Our Bishopric came up with the theme of focusing on the temple and so we've used that to share our family mission plan. We have just started it so we haven't seen the effects of it yet.
We have a 2017 Corolla that I'm driving and we give some Elders that are on bike rides a lot which is cool. Elder Brumwell is from Arkansas and has been out for just over a year. I was in East Bakersfield and was there when he was a greenie! So I've known him since he was just a little baby haha. The Snow ward isn't too far from my other area I served in. Not sure how far exactly but I know it's not too far.
I have met some of the members this week and one of my favorite so far are the Judkins family! They are hilarious! Sister Judkins is single and has 4 kids. Austin, Aidan, Wyatt, and Jacelyn. Austin and Aidan are super funny. Sister Judkin in super wacky and hilarious and doesn't care what people think about her! She said "I think I'm pretty funny, I don't care if others don't think I'm funny". Haha they are pretty great!
I've loved this ward so far and so excited to keep meeting and working with people Tavin did. We have a couple of investigators we are working with right now. One is Passion. We are meeting with her on Wednesday and Elder Brumwell has taught her a little bit but not for a while. And then we have some members that are working on referrals for us!
Anyway! I love and miss everyone!!
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: Mosiah 2:5-6 (focus on the temple)
5 And it came to pass that when they came up to the temple, they pitched their tents round about, every man according to his family, consisting of his wife, and his sons, and his daughters, and their sons, and their daughters, from the eldest down to the youngest, every family being separate one from another.
6 And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tents and hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them;
Pics:
Elder Brumwell and I.
Tavin's teaching record.
I beat Elder Brumwell at chess!! I was so proud of myself!! haha
Our District.
The apartment Tavin and now me stayed in.
One is of our area! It's huge!!
Another picture is of our garage! We have a bunch of washers and dryers and fridges because the AP's come and drop off stuff to store them since don't use our garage haha.


















This ward is super cool and a lot of the members are super supportive in the work. I've been in some wards where the ward isn't really helping in the missionary work but this ward is way into it. Elder Brumwell's last comp Elder Coburn came up with an idea right before he left called the "The Family Mission Plan". They created a card that we give to member families that invites them to share the gospel through Temple and Family History work. Our Bishopric came up with the theme of focusing on the temple and so we've used that to share our family mission plan. We have just started it so we haven't seen the effects of it yet.
We have a 2017 Corolla that I'm driving and we give some Elders that are on bike rides a lot which is cool. Elder Brumwell is from Arkansas and has been out for just over a year. I was in East Bakersfield and was there when he was a greenie! So I've known him since he was just a little baby haha. The Snow ward isn't too far from my other area I served in. Not sure how far exactly but I know it's not too far.
I have met some of the members this week and one of my favorite so far are the Judkins family! They are hilarious! Sister Judkins is single and has 4 kids. Austin, Aidan, Wyatt, and Jacelyn. Austin and Aidan are super funny. Sister Judkin in super wacky and hilarious and doesn't care what people think about her! She said "I think I'm pretty funny, I don't care if others don't think I'm funny". Haha they are pretty great!
I've loved this ward so far and so excited to keep meeting and working with people Tavin did. We have a couple of investigators we are working with right now. One is Passion. We are meeting with her on Wednesday and Elder Brumwell has taught her a little bit but not for a while. And then we have some members that are working on referrals for us!
Anyway! I love and miss everyone!!
Love, Elder Peterson
Favorite scripture of the week: Mosiah 2:5-6 (focus on the temple)
5 And it came to pass that when they came up to the temple, they pitched their tents round about, every man according to his family, consisting of his wife, and his sons, and his daughters, and their sons, and their daughters, from the eldest down to the youngest, every family being separate one from another.
6 And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tents and hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them;
Pics:
Elder Brumwell and I.
Tavin's teaching record.
I beat Elder Brumwell at chess!! I was so proud of myself!! haha
Our District.
The apartment Tavin and now me stayed in.
One is of our area! It's huge!!
Another picture is of our garage! We have a bunch of washers and dryers and fridges because the AP's come and drop off stuff to store them since don't use our garage haha.


















Comments
Post a Comment