Transfers??? Baptisms!!!

Well this week transfer has gone by amazingly fast! It feels like we just started it...but anyway Elder Watkins and I will be getting transferred to West Lancaster. I will be going to the Somerset ward. It's in the same district as the Leona Valley ward I was in, in Lancaster. My new companion is Elder Mui. He was in my district before in Lancaster before I came here. I got to know him pretty well. He's pretty cool, I'm pretty excited for tomorrow. Thank you all for your letters and packages. Elder Watkins will be going to Sierra ward in Lancaster which is in the same district as well. So we won't be far apart. His new companion is Elder Adams. I've served with him too in Lancaster. He's a pretty cool guy as well.

In this area they are getting rid of us Elders and combining both areas. The Sisters will take over the area themselves. Sister Dow is staying and Sister Faamoe is headed to Ridgecrest. Sister Dow is getting a greenie. She's super excited. Elder Watkins will be on bike with Elder Adams. He's excited but not at the same time haha. Other news Elder Bankhead (my trainer) now starting at the beginning of this transfer will be an AP (Assistant to the President)!!!!! Which is so cool! Not many Elders get the chance to be an AP. Shows how good of a missionary he is. He went from District Leader, to Zone Leader, now to AP and all in just a couple transfers. I'm super excited for him. And I'm excited to get to see him tomorrow at transfers.
Eating Eloite (corn with butter, mayo, cheese, and
spicy chili powder on it) it was amazing!!!
It's the same thing that ehy eat in Nacho Libre haha!

Well this week was definitely an eventful one. This last Monday we hung out with Elder Withers and Herring and went to a sushi place and ate sushi together. I got the Las Vegas style one. It's fried sushi...soooo good. It was a fun P-day. Today we are going to Tehachapi (one of the areas in our mission) to go hiking as a zone. I'm super excited. I've been wanting to go hiking sense I've gotten here. Should be fun.

Vanessa Walter's Baptism
Earlier in the week on Wednesday, Vanessa got baptized and confirmed. She was super nervous but handled like a boss. I think Steve was more nervous than she was being the one baptizing her. He had never baptized anyone and wanted to make sure he got everything right. Right before they walked down in the water Steve stopped at the stairs and said a silent prayer to himself. Then they went down and handled it like a pro. Right afterward Elder Watkins confirmed her a member and gave her the Holy Ghost. The same day right before then we had Jacob Utley's baptismal interview with Elder Withers. He handled that like a pro as well.
Jacob Utley's Baptism

"The White Tuxedo"
On Saturday came Jacob's baptism. He could hardly wait. Afterwards Sister Utley told us that he was telling everyone he saw that today was his baptism. Everyone was congratulating him haha. His went really well and smooth. He was confirmed yesterday in Sacrament meeting. He wore an all white tuxedo haha. Because his mom is just that person that goes all out for things haha. I'll send pics of both baptisms. Sister Layton called and congratulated us last night. It's always good to her from her and President.


(The Utley's uncle Buster. Uncle Buster's the one in the red shirt with glasses to the left. His wife Debbie is right behind me. The one sitting next to uncle Buster is their daughter Penny. The one
sitting on the floor and right next to her is Kazzi and Seth (friends) and that's Melidy with the red shirt on. She's Uncle Buster's ex-wife.)


Well I don't think much else happened. The Sisters will just be taking over our area as well as theirs as well as all our investigators. Sister Dow is stoked.

Anyway I love and miss you all! See you next week!

Love, Elder Peterson

Elder Watkins, Jacob Utley & I
    Bro. & Sis. Utley


Sis. Franko (investigators) and her boys
Johnny (age 14) and Carlos (age 8)

Comments

  1. SO glad to hear that Vanessa finally got baptized! Yeah!! Congrats! You'll have to make us the corn on the cob concoction when you get home. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts