The Work is Hastening!


What the heck it's been 5 months now...that's crazy. It's gone by fast. Before you know it, it'll be 6 months since I left to the MTC. It's been a good week! This last monday for our last P-day as a zone we went to a park and got pantyhose and flour and put the flour inside them and smacked each other with them. Every time we hit each other with them flour would get all over us. It was so much fun but it hurt quite a bit haha. After when we got bored of that we played lava tag on the playground and ultimate frisbee.
Vanessa had her baptismal interview yesterday after church. She is still struggling to stop smoking but she's not too stuck to it we think she'll be fine. She'll have a second interview in 2 weeks to make sure she's off smoking and then she'll be good to go. To replace the baptismal dates though we did set two more dates this week! We started teaching a less-actives 9 year old son Logan and their 8 year old Trevor. We set them to get baptized on April 8th. They're having a stake baptism day that day so we thought it would be a good time to do it then. And then we started teaching the Utley's kid Jacob. He's 9 and now wants to get baptized. The parents are wanting their kids decide to get baptized for themselves or not. He'll hopefully be baptized on April 8th as well. So that was awesome. We are super excited to keep teaching them.
Also we got back in contact with a former investigator that Elder Watkins found a while back with his last companion. Her names Pam Alvarado. She's a little older lady and had only taken the first lesson. We talked to her on her porch for about 45 mins. She has a problem believing that Christ came to the Americas and that Joseph Smith saw him. But she said she's been praying and reading really often. So we are going to try to meet with her again this week. She seemed to really like us because she didn't want us to leave. We told her we might be transferred (because it was the day before we found out) and she was sad. But then we saw her briefly afterwards in town and she was so happy to see we were both still here haha. She's pretty awesome. We are excited to meet with her again.
To answer some questions, I get at least 12 emails every time I get on to email. So that's good! I get letters at least every week I think. I got one from Amber and Eric this week! Gabe drew me a picture. It's hanging on the wall now haha. I'll make sure to wear the ties this week at District Meeting and take a picture. Well I think that's all to report this week. The work is hastening and everything is well. Love you alllll!!!!!!!!! Miss youu!!
Love, Elder Peterson
p.s. Oh and I've been feeling a lot better this!! I don't know what happened last week.

Comments

  1. That sounds fun! We'll have to try those flour bombs sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts