Today's P Day!




Hey Everyone!! Today's P Day!:) Today we got to go to the temple and do an endowment session. It was way cool doing it with the other missionaries! The MTC is pretty awesome so far, one thing that surprised me was we started teaching investigators on our second day we got here! The one we taught wasn't actually a real investigator of course he was our teacher Brother Brace, but he acted very well and named himself Cole and said he was 18. We've taught him three times throughout the week and me and Elder Jackson feel pretty good about it. Also we have been teaching to other investigators this week named Rod and Yui (UUU-EEE) Rod is from Chile and Yui is from Japan. Rod is freaking awesome he's very very talkative so when we go to teach him we just talk about life for half the lesson, but so far we've taught him about the Restoration and The Plan of Salvation. He seems to really like it and we asked him if he would put his faith in Jesus Christ but he said he's not sure yet because he says he's hesitant to put his faith in things that he doesn't believe are true yet.

Yei is really cool she's not quite as talkative but seems to understand what we are teaching but I'm not so sure she likes it so much. She said she doesn't see the point in reading the Book of Mormon, but we are trying to answer her questions...but yeah so it's been quite busy here at the MTC but it's way cool and fun. We get an hour of exercise time everyday except Sunday and the food here is pretty great! It's like eating at a restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner it's awesome! I love my district! We have four Elders including me and four Sisters. There's Elder Jackson, Me, Elder Bradford, and Elder Kostansek. Sister Carter, Sister Marks, Sister Doney and Sister Day. And apparently sister Carter has the EXACT same birthday as me! Same year and everything! We did have another Elder named Elder Hickman in our district but he went home two nights ago because of some things he didn't repent of before he came...but he said he was for sure coming back when he gets everything sorted out. I loved Elder Hickman all of our district is planning on emailing him throughout our missions. But Elder Hickman helped me out so much on my first night. I started crying due to homesickness right before we went to bed our first night and he took me outside our room and talked to me about it and comforted me. We'll all miss him.

Elder Jackson has been struggling through the last couple days due to homesickness and has been going to the counseling center yesterday and the day before to try to help so he won't go home. The counselor told him to call home to his family because it seems to help a lot of missionaries 99% of the time to keep going. So he did while I sat and waited for him. He seems to be doing a lot better today. He says he thinks once he gets to the mission field he'll be able to do a lot better. But guess what! I saw a girl I knew in elementary school named Bailey Holbrook! I can't remember if that was her last name for sure, but she stopped me and I didn't recognize her at first and then she explained who she was and it slowly started coming back to me haha. It was really cool to see her.

To answer some of your questions, Elder Jackson has lived in St. George for his whole life. I sleep on the bottom bunk haha. I love the classes for the most part but sometimes they go on for like three hours straight and me and Elder Jackson have said that we just want to go outside. Yes we learn mostly out of Preach my Gospel but also out of pamphlets they gave us. That's so cool that you guys saw Kassi's friends brother! I don't think I've seen him yet...but I've seen Sister Snow quite a few times around the MTC but I haven't really got the chance to talk to her that much. I'm glad Elley's doing good. Tell her I said hi when you get back from the sealing:) Oh and thank you for the BYU suckers they were so sweet! Elder Jackson really liked it, but he said he's not really a BYU fan or a Utah fan haha.

So it's been pretty great so far here at the Missionary Training Center. I love you guys sooo much and miss you with all my heart! 

Love,

Elder Peterson

p.s. I'm still trying to figure out how to put on pictures...I might just have to grab a teacher and ask them. But I'll figure it out and get pictures to you guys as soon as I can! Love you!

Oh and I think we are leaving the MTC to the mission field on October 31st, but I could be wrong...as we get closer I'll make sure to tell you.

Comments

Popular Posts